spallThe Ontario Home Builders’ Association (OHBA) unveiled the finalists of the 2017 Awards of Distinction, selected by a panel of judges consisting of industry experts from across the province.
The 39 categories encompass building, design, sales and marketing, recognizing the best in the industry, highlighting the excellence practiced by Ontario builders over the course of the previous year.
“The Awards of Distinction continually celebrates excellence in homebuilding, professional renovation, and sales and marketing in Ontario. The outstanding talent of awards finalists pushes the envelope in Ontario housing design, as demonstrated throughout single-family homes, mid-rise or high-rise projects,” says OHBA President Neil Rodgers. “As we’ve seen a great need for more housing supply in Ontario, OHBA proudly celebrates the achievements of our members and the great communities they build for Ontarians.”
The finalists for the coveted Ontario Home Builder of the Year Award are Great Gulf, Losani Homes, and Tridel.
The OHBA is also accepting votes for the People’s Choice Award. These finalists are the finalists of the low-rise and mid/high-rise Projects of the Year. Voting is open until August 25th!
- Adi Development Group Inc., Stationwest, Burlington
- Aspen Ridge Homes, The Jack, Toronto
- Collecdev, Westwood Gardens, Richmond Hill
- Doug Tarry Homes, HOPE, St. Thomas
- Losani Homes, Central Park, Hamilton
- Lucchetta Homes, The Residences At Hunters Pointe, Welland
- Spallacci Homes, 101 LOCKE, Hamilton
Here are the rest of the Prestige Awards finalists, courtesy OHBA:
Project of the Year – Low-Rise (Model homes must be open to the public)
- Adi Development Group Inc. for: Stationwest – Burlington (credit to: Icon Architects, U31, Drive Agency)
- Doug Tarry Homes for: HOPE – St. Thomas (credit to: Geerlinks Home Hardware Building Centre & Home Furniture Store, GCW Custom Kitchens & Cabinetry Inc.)
- Losani Homes for: Central Park – Hamilton (credit to: McOuat Partnership, TCGpr)
- Lucchetta Homes for: The Residences At Hunters Pointe – Welland
Project of the Year – High or Mid-Rise (Must be 50% pre-sold)
- Aspen Ridge Homes for: The Jack – Toronto
- Collecdev for: Westwood Gardens – Richmond Hill (credit to: KIRKOR Architects, Montana Steele, Land Art Design Landscape Architects Inc.)
- Spallacci Homes for: 101 LOCKE – Hamilton
OHBA Ontario Renovator of the Year
- Amsted Design-Build – Ottawa
- Eurodale Developments – Toronto
- OakWood – Ottawa
Here is the full list of finalists!
The winners will be announced on September 26th at the OHBA Conference at Fallsview Casino Resort in Niagara. We can’t wait to see which builders walk away winners!